September 23, 2020 / ELRA Secretariat
Videoconference, 18 September 2020
A new online European Land Registry Network (ELRN)workshop was organized on Friday 18th September to continue working on the priorities fixed for this year. Contact Points from 22 European member States participated actively in the working session.
During the workshop, new topics were discussed at the initiative of the members of the European registry network and an in-depth study of European regulations was carried out to establish recommendations for their application in the European Union’s registries.
Another important feature to be highlighted is the study of a ruling by the European Court of Justice by a judge who is an expert in the field. This reflects the close cooperation between judges and registrars.
Studies by the ELRN:
- Study on electronic signature of authentic documents by Luisa Clode, ELRN Coordinator
- Request on the applications from members of the public to apply directly for registration to the LR by Harry Murray from Register of Scotland
- Judgment of the Court of Justice C-379/17 – Time limit for enforcement of a foreign preventive attachment order by Michele Cuccaro, Judge Court of Rovereto (Italy)
- Recommendations to eliminate obstacles to validate and register the foreign public document in the Land registry by Marta Rekawek-Pachwicewicz, Senior Registrar of District Court in Bialystok (Poland)
- Follow up study on the recommendations to facilitate a broader and more in-depth investigation about the Regulation 2012/650 on Succession and ECS by David Fridh, member of the Board