ELRN Workshops 2020
Videoconference, 18 September 2020
A new online European Land Registry Network (ELRN)workshop was organized on Friday 18th September to continue working on the priorities fixed for this year. Contact Points from 22 European member States participated actively in the working session.
During the workshop, new topics were discussed at the initiative of the members of the European registry network and an in-depth study of European regulations was carried out to establish recommendations for their application in the European Union’s registries.
Another important feature to be highlighted is the study of a ruling by the European Court of Justice by a judge who is an expert in the field. This reflects the close cooperation between judges and registrars.
Studies by the ELRN:
- Study on electronic signature of authentic documents by Luisa Clode, ELRN Coordinator
- Request on the applications from members of the public to apply directly for registration to the LR by Harry Murray from Register of Scotland
- Judgment of the Court of Justice C-379/17 – Time limit for enforcement of a foreign preventive attachment order by Michele Cuccaro, Judge Court of Rovereto (Italy)
- Recommendations to eliminate obstacles to validate and register the foreign public document in the Land registry by Marta Rekawek-Pachwicewicz, Senior Registrar of District Court in Bialystok (Poland)
- Follow up study on the recommendations to facilitate a broader and more in-depth investigation about the Regulation 2012/650 on Succession and ECS by David Fridh, member of the Board
Videoconference, 25 – 26 June 2020
The last workshop of the European Land Registry Network took place on 25th and 26th June, and Contact Points from 22 EU countries participated actively in the discussions.
Although this Workshop was initially scheduled face-to-face in Bruges, due to the current situation Europe is living because of the Covid-19, it finally took place by videoconference. In fact, the special measures implemented in the EU Land Registries due to the pandemic were one of the topics of discussion.
The Workshop was divided in two main parts: ELRN ongoing studies and EU legislation on LR matters, and CPs had the opportunity to share their practices in several virtual round tables.
The next CPs appointment will be in Autumn to continue sharing good practices in LR matters.
Studies by the ELRN:
- Judicial Restrictions in EU Land Register Systems by Jorge López, Spanish Land Registrar
- Property taxes in the European property market by Jacques Vos, CP from The Netherlands
- Civil liability in the Real Property Register by Marius Mackevičius, CP from Lithuania
- New study on electronic signature of authentic documents by Luisa Clode, ELRN Coordinator and ELRA Secretary General
- Recommendations to facilitate a broader and more in-depth investigation about the Regulation 2012/650 on Succession and ECS. by David Fridh, Member of the ELRA Board