June 3, 2019 / ELRA Secretariat
On the 24th May, ELRA celebrated the XXVII General Assembly in Brussels, welcoming our 33 ELRA members around Europe and representatives from other associations such as the European Union of Rechtspfleger, the CLGE and CINDER. Ms Lenka Vrzalova, from the Czech Office for Surveying, Mapping and Cadastre also expressed her interested in our activities.
On this occasion, the Centro de Estudos Notariais e Registais (CENoR), faculty of Law of Coimbra become partner of ELRA who is deeply connected to the areas of study of property law.
After a 2-year term, a new ELRA Board of Directors was appointed: Fernando de la Puente, from Colegio de Registradores de España, will be the new ELRA President and Luisa Clode, from Associação Sindical Dos Conservadores Dos Registos, as the new Secretary General. Jan Moerkerke, from the Royal Belgian Federation of Mortgage Registrars, Kadri Laud from the Estonian Minister of Justice and David Fridh from Sweden Lantmäteriet will join them as members of the Board.
Special mention deserves the presence of representatives from the European Commission: Hrvoje Grubisic (Secretary General EJN), David Ciliberti (Data Protection Unit, DG Justice), Szymon Lewandowski (Data Policy Unit, DG CNECT) and Alexia Oliva (European External Action Service), who shared their vision on different topics regarding Land Registry matters.
Among other issues of common interest such a panel discussion on Registry Publicity versus Data Privacy and the impact for Land Registries of the draft Regulation on law applicable to the third-party effects of assignments of claims was celebrated.
Panel on Registry Publicity versus Data Privacy:
- David Ciliberti, Data protection Unit, DG Justice, EC: Overview on GDPR Regulation
- Szymon Lewandowski, Data Policy Unit, DG CNECT, EC: Overview on IPS Directive
- Rafael Vale e Reis, CENoR: Privacy, Data Protection and Land Registry
- Mihai Taus, Romanian Land Registry Association: Daily practices in Land Registries
- Hrvoje Grubisic, Secretary of the European Judicial Network: The cycle of civil and commercial law instruments and their potential impact in Land Registries
- Gabriel Alonso, Colegio de Registradores de España: Draft Regulation on law applicable to the third-party effects of assignments of claims: The Impact for Land Registries
- Alexia Oliva, EEAS: Matrimonial property regimes throughout the World