December 11, 2018 / ELRA Secretariat
Brussels, 29th November 2018
The last seminar of the Network in 2018 was held in Brussels last Thursday 29 November with the participation of the all Contact Points of the Network and a new member, the Registry Agency of the Ministry of Justice of Bulgaria represented by Teodora Georgieva.
Special mention for the presence of Katerina Entcheva from DG Justice of the European Commission and her participation in the panel concerning the Regulation on matrimonial property regimen.
Thanks to the cooperation of the ELRN with the EJN, we had the participation of judges from Portugal, Spain and Italy who qualified some aspects related to the practice of recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments in the light of the Brussels I Regulation.
At the afternoon session, two speakers presented the property as a fundamental right from two different perspectives: the European Court of Justice and the modern constitutionalism and we closed the Workshop with one of the demanding topics nowadays: Land Registry and new Technologies
Land Registry, Human Rights and the State
- Michele Cuccaro: Land Registry & Human rights by the Court of Justice of the EU.
- Aniceto Masferrer: Property as a Fundamental Right in Modern Constitutionalism: A proposal for an ongoing controversy.
Land Registry with New Technologies
- Teresa Rodríguez de las Heras: Algorithm-driven systems and ‘Smart registrations’: Potential Uses, Possible Limits, and Liability Risks.
- Jacques Vos: Land Registers in the 21st Century; Towards Self Conscious Objects and Object Passports.
- Mihai Taus: Technical issues to be overtaken by LR