December 1, 2016 / ELRA Secretariat
The XXIII ELRA General Assembly took place in Brussels on Thursday 1st December 2016.
It was attended by representatives from the ELRA Member Associations as well as other European associations such as the CNUE and EULIS.
On this occasion, the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre of Turkey became a new ELRA Observer Member. They introduced their Land Registry System to the audience.
Special mention deserves the presence of Paula Pott, Judge and Portuguese Contact Point of the European Judicial Network, who made a presentation about the Article 66(5) of the Successions’ Regulation (EU) Nº 650/2012.
Gosta Petri and Maria Vilar Badia, speakers from the DG Justice of the European Commission, talked about the Land Registers Interconnection and the Regulations on Matrimonial Property Regimes respectively.
Besides, the new activities to be developed within the European Land Registry Network (ELRN) in 2017 were presented.
Finally, Nuria Raga (Colegio de Registradores) made a presentation about the Land Registry as an instrument of judicial cooperation.
- Maria Vilar Badia: The property regimes of international couples
- Paula Pott: The Cooperation Mechanism of Article 66 (5) of the Successions’ Regulation
- Mihai Taus: Data Protection & Land Registry
- Gösta Petri: Land Registers Interconnection (LRI) project
- Nuria Raga: The Land Registry as an instrument of judicial cooperation in the EU level