December 1, 2017 / ELRA Secretariat
The XXV ELRA General Assembly took place in Brussels on Friday, 1st December 2017 where we welcomed representatives from the 32 ELRA member associations and other European associations.
In addition, ELRA had the pleasure of welcoming academics from the Universities of Carlos III (Madrid), Leuven, Maastricht and Malta, and representatives from Switzerland and Denmark, two countries interested in the activities of the association.
Special mention should be made of the presence of Gösta Petri and Gabriel Sima, from the DG Justice of the European Commission, who presented the next steps of the Land Registers Interconnection project.
Apart from the LRI project, the Assembly focused on the requirement for a register of beneficial ownership, legal security in real property, and the real estate publicity. Finally, ELRA Members had the opportunity to learn more about the Land Registry Systems of Denmark and Switzerland.
- José S. Rodriguez: Register of Beneficial Ownership
- Gösta Petri: Next steps on the LRI project
- Teresa Rodríguez de las Heras: Legal security in real property
- Benjamin Verheye: Real estate publicity
- Bettina M. Bastholm and Mona B. Andersen: Danish digital land registration
- Rahel Müller and Adrian Müllematter: The Swiss Land Register
- Kadri Laud: World Bank