1. Explain briefly what official permissions are needed in relation to buildings, and what authority grants them. Is permission needed for:
• The erection of a building
• The alteration of a building
• The detailed design of a building
• The materials and method of construction
• The demolition of a building
For all mentioned activities it is necessary to have followings:
– Building permit
– Urban permit
2. Are buildings of a certain age exempt from any of these requirements?
Not at all.
3. Is official permission needed for the use to which land or buildings are put?
It is needed.
4. How does one discover whether the necessary permissions exist? Is it recorded in the land register, cadastre or some other register?
It is not recorded in the LR. One can get all necessary information in the municipalities.
5. Are additional permissions needed in particular geographical areas? How does one discover whether a property is in such an area? Is it recorded in the land register, cadastre or some other register?
Our cadastre has all information, but also the municipalities.
6. Are there additional requirements for permission to alter or demolish certain buildings because of their age or architectural or historic value? How does one discover that such additional requirements exist? Is it recorded in the land register, cadastre or some other register?
There are additional requirements for these actions when it comes to the buildings of high architectural and historic value. All information will be given by our municipality officers.