1. Which agency/government body/authority is responsible for land registration?
2. If the responsibility for property registration is dealt with by an agency/authority, to which government department is it responsible to?
3. How is the organization managed?
– How is the agency/government body/authority funded?
– Is there a Chief Executive/Head of the organization?
– If so, is he/she supported by a senior management team/structure?
– How long is the Chief Executive Officer’s term of appointment?
– How often do changes arise in the senior management team structure?
4. Describe the organisational framework
– How is it deployed within the state territory?
– Is there one central service or is the organization divided into territorial units?
– If divided, does each unit have exclusive competence?
– Is there a centralised database?
5. How is the agency/government body/authority funded?
– Is it self-financing? If so, and excess of income over expenditure occurs, is that income retained by the agency?
– Or if not self financing, is it financed directly from Government through the annual budgeted allocation for each department/agency?
6. Are the staff of the agency/government, department/authority civil servants?
– If so, are staff permanent or a combination of permanent/temporary positions?
– Who has the responsibility for hiring of staff to be assigned? Is it through a central Government recruitment agency or hired directly by the agency/authority according to demand for services?
– Are any of the land registration services contracted out? If yes, please state which services and type of service provider.
7. Who is responsible for cadastral/mapping information? Is it the same organisation or a separate agency/department?
8. What are the principal functions of the registering department/agency/authority?
9. What are the key values/principles underpinning registration of title in your system?
10. What registration system of property do you have in your country (title/deed)?