1. LR territorial organisation. In your LR system, applications of registrations or documents for registration must be presented, lodged or taken to:
Units or Land Offices in which LR organisation is divided into.
For the moment the Finnish LR system is territorially organised even if all the offices belong under the rule of the National Land Survey of Finland. Documents for registration must be presented, lodged or taken to Land Surveying Offices in which LR organisation is divided into. If needed under formal and strict conditions, documents might be presented in not territorially competent Land Registry. In practice this happens sometimes.
However, the situation will be changed so that from the beginning of year 2014 alternative c) will be applied, i.e. “any of the LR offices of the state”.
2. Please, indicate those means whereby one can present applications or documents in your LR Offices and point the main features.
In person, by other electronic proceedings, fax and by mail.
In LR offices you can present your document (application) in person or by means of a representative or send it by mail. Also electronic application may be used but in practice it is not commonly used because annexed with an application for title registration the deed of sale document shall be attached in original and in the application for mortgage the signature of the applicant shall be written using a secured signature form.
We accept also fax, but it is not any more widely used and using fax you meet the same problems presenting the sale document in original.
During next year we will implement a new electronic system for real estate conveyancing and mortgaging. Then professionals as well as citizens are entitled to present documents by electronic means in the Land Registries. In fact they will use the system by themselves.
3. Does the fact of the presentation of the document (or application for registration) lead any type or entry or annotation in the LR Office books?
A reservation of priority.
According to the Code of Real Estate (Chapter 6, Section 3) a registration becomes pending when the application has been presented or delivered to the competent register authority. According to section 9 a registration decision shall be made without delay and in accordance with the application, unless there is a barrier to do so. Before decision making the registrar has to scrutinize the essential prerequisites for registration which are written in the law.
4. In case of presentation based on temporary or provisional entries, please point specifically deadlines of them and also main features.
See previous answer.
5. Is the payment of taxes a necessary condition or prerequisite for making the registration?
For title registration a transfer tax (4 % of the purchase price) shall be paid before registration but otherwise there are no taxes to be paid. The registration fee (30-104 euros) will be collected afterwards.