1. WHO CAN APPLY FOR INFORMATION: IS THE LR ABSOLUTELY PUBLIC OR NOT?
Land Registry is public. This is a fundamental principle provided by art. 7 of Land Registry Law.
Anyone may apply for certificates concerning land registry information or copies of archived documents. It is not necessary to have a legitimate interest.
Information from LR can be obtained directly at the offices or, for authorized applicants, through Openkat which is a data base.
The applicant will indicate data concerning the immovable (number of the parcel and Comune catastale or name of the owner). The applicant will be identified by name.
There are different types of information that can be requested in any of the 12 offices of the Land Registry of Provincia Autonoma di Trento:
a) Actual Certificate: contains the description of the legal situation of one or more immovables at the moment of the request.
b) Historical Certificate: describes the changes in the time related to a certain immovable.
2. WHERE CAN BE FOUND THIS INFORMATION:
All data are on digital support. A certified copy can be requested with payment of a fee.
The information can be found at the offices or through a link to a data based called Openkat (this service is used mainly by professional customers); in both cases there is a fee to pay. It is possible to apply for a copy in any of the 12 territorial Land Registry Offices of the Province of Trento
General information and samples of application forms can be found on: www.librofondiario.provincia.tn.it
3. HOW TO OBTAIN IT:
Information to be provided:
- Identification of the applicant by name.
- Number of the parcel (cadastrale number) and comune catastale or by name of the owner.
- It is verbal or written (informal letter, fax or e- mail)
- Language: Italian
Delivery of information:
Paper information (copy) is delivered immediately at the Land Registry office or through the connection to the data base. Costs for information varies from a minimum of Euro 0,20 to a maximum to Euro 10,00 for a single parcel or owner.
4. WHEN DOES THE EXCERPT ISSUES?
- On request, if there is no unsolved application.
- On request, mentioning if there is an unsolved registered application.
- On request, whether there is an unsolved registered application or not.
- On request, if there is an unsolved registered application the issuing will be denied.
- On request, if there is an unsolved registered application, setting a date to issue an excerpt subsequently to the solved application.
- In other conditions.
5. WHAT IS THE VALIDITY PERIOD OF THE EXCERPT FROM THE LAND BOOK?
- Defined in days.
- No validity, it reflects the legal status by the moment of issuing.
6. WHERE CAN THE EXCERPTS FROM THE LAND BOOK ARE USED?
The excerpt issues on request, whether or not there is an unsolved registered application and it reflects the legal status at the moment of issuing. In case there is an unsolved registred application, there will be given evidence of it on the copy through its number piombo.
The excerpt can be used in any of the submentioned cases.
7. HOW TO IDENTIFY THE IMMOVABLES?
Cadastral identifier (nunero di particella) + other identifier that provides uniqueness in the country / administrative territory ( commune catastale) e Partita tavolare
8. LR AND CADASTRAL RELATIONSHIP:
Starting from 2008 LR and Cadastral relationship is based on a integrated data base system.
The modifications of the map are performed on the basis of a document called tipo di frazionamento, which is first examined by a cadastre employee on request of a partie and, after the legal control of the LR, automatically introduced by the cadastre.
The modification of the map can also be introduced on the basis of a Foglio di Notifica, which is a document performed by the Cadastre itself (without request of a partie).
This is Catasto fondiario, so called.
Catasto Edilizio is independent from Land Registry and it involves fiscal aspects of houses.