Applicable Law

1.    In your national system, do you have an arrangement which broadly follows that description? If so, what is it called in your language(s)? Please describe it in this factsheet.

2.    If your national system does not have an arrangement like that, or if it does, but also has a different arrangement which is commonly used to govern the ownership of apartments, please also describe, in this fact sheet, the arrangements commonly used.

3.    In your national system, which laws or regulations rule the arrangements you describe (or are relevant for them)?

In legal system of Latvia there is such arrangement where it is called a residential property. In Latvian that would be Dzīvokļa īpašums.

It is an independent immovable property which has been legally partitioned in a residential house and as a whole consists of an individual property and the relevant undivided share of the joint property. The individual property and the undivided share of the joint property included in the apartment property are legally inseparable.

The law that regulates legal frame of these properties is called Law On Residential Properties (attached to e-mail).

This site uses cookies to offer your a better browsing experience. Find out more on how we use cookies and how you can change your settings.