1. WHO CAN APPLY FOR INFORMATION: ¿IS THE LR ABSOLUTELY PUBLIC OR NOT?
Land Register is absolutely public. Anyone can apply for the information in Land Register in Latvia, be it natural person or legal entity. One is not required to have any rights to an immovable property to request information from Land Register.
Person has to identify itself by providing name/surname and identification number.
2. WHERE CAN BE FOUND THIS INFORMATION:
Information can be obtained at Court Administration office at Unijas street 8 k-9, Riga, Latvia in person or by mail. It can also be requested via website www.zemesgramata.lv
3. HOW TO OBTAIN IT:
To receive information from Land Register, it is required to supply the cadastral number or address, or property name, or folio identification number. Only selected persons have the right to obtain information using personal identification numbers.
There is no designated application form. Any request can be made in free form. Online, there are necessary fields for searching information already available. Technically it is possible for the online application form to be incorporated in the RI.
Currently the information is only available in Latvian. Only description of content is available in English.
Neither Land Register nor Court administration does provide translation service for the folio. The cost of the information per folio is Ls 3.66 (EUR 5.15).
4. WHEN DOES THE EXCERPT ISSUES?
On request, whether there is an unsolved registered application or not
5. WHAT IS THE VALIDITY PERIOD OF THE EXCERPT FROM THE LAND BOOK?
No validity, it reflects the legal status by the moment of issuing
6. WHERE CAN THE EXCERPTS FROM THE LAND BOOK ARE USED?
- Public institutions (municipalities, utility providers, finance)
- Real estate transactions (notaries, lawyers)
- Banking relationships institutions
7. HOW TO IDENTIFY THE IMMOVABLES?
Cadastral identifier + other identifier that provides uniqueness in the country / administrative territory
8. LR AND CADASTRAL RELATIONSHIP: