1. WHO CAN APPLY FOR INFORMATION: IS THE LR ABSOLUTELY PUBLIC OR NOT?
Except the Register of Wills and Register of Legally Incapable Persons and Persons with Limited Legal Capacity, which are not public registers, all other Registers are public and each interested person, who present an application and describe a purpose of the use of data and legal basis for data provision and reception, can get data from Registers.
2. WHERE CAN BE FOUND THIS INFORMATION:
Information from Registers can be provided at the Office (or Office branches), personally; by post or through the internet on-line (if data recipient sign an agreement on data provision with Central Mortgage Office).
3. HOW TO OBTAIN IT:
The information from the Register of Property Seizure Acts and Mortgage Register (searches concerning mortgages and seizures of property) can be provided by: identification number of property (unique number of immovable property) (also by person ID)
If persons wish to get information personally at the Office (or Office branch), application form will be filled by Office specialist. Application form is posted on the website of Office but free form of application is also available.
Application for information must be written in the official Lithuanian language (this provision is not applying to applications sent by post). If Office gets an application written by non-state language, Office itself translates an application, if the examination of an application belongs to the competence of Office.
At the Office information can be provided within about 15 minutes. By post, according to the legal acts, extract from register must be provided no later than within 3 working days. On-line – at the moment of query, immediately.
Cost of the information belongs on the amount of requested information:
• Complete Register information consisting of all the relevant data on a Register object, depending on search criteria – 16 LTL to 32 LTL (about 4,6 – 9,2 EUR)
• Complete Register of Property Seizure Acts information integrated with a summary of the documents of the Mortgage Register of the Republic of Lithuania consisting of all the relevant data of the Register as well as the data identifying an object of the Mortgage Register of the Republic of Lithuania – 38 LTL (about 11 EUR)
• A summary of Register of Property Seizure Acts data consisting of all the data identifying a Register object – 6 LTL (about 1,75 EUR)
• a summary of Mortgage Register data consisting of all the data identifying a Register object – 9 LTL (about 2,6 EUR)
• A summary of Register of Property Seizure Acts documents integrated with a summary of the documents of the Mortgage Register of the Republic of Lithuania consisting of the data identifying an object of the Register and an object of the Mortgage Register of the Republic of Lithuania – 13 LTL (about 3,77 EUR)
• A short message of the Register about the seizure of pledge of a thing (property right) confirming or denying the fact that the Register and the Mortgage Register of the Republic of Lithuania contains data about the seizure and pledge of a thing (property right) – 3,5 LTL (about 1 EUR).
5. WHAT IS THE VALIDITY PERIOD OF THE EXCERPT FROM THE LAND BOOK?
No validity, it reflects the legal status by the moment of issuing
6. WHERE CAN THE EXCERPTS FROM THE LAND BOOK ARE USED?
• Public institutions (municipalities, utility providers, finance)
• Real estate transactions (notaries, lawyers)
• Banking institutions
• Private relationships
7. HOW TO IDENTIFY THE IMMOVABLES?
Cadastral identifier + other identifier that provides uniqueness in the country / administrative territory (unique number of immovable)